DisabledPlanet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabledplanet for people who are disabled, and people interested in the subject disability.

+5
scaredlilgirl
linda
patcast
sameeras
OneLeggedKate
9 posters

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone!

OneLeggedKate

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone!

Post  OneLeggedKate Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:23 am

Lost my leg in Feb of this year. I find this site strangely intriguing. And in a good way!

Just here to make friends.
    sameeras

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty Re: Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone!

Post  sameeras Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 am

Hi,
    I am SriLankan. I'm Sameera. 26Years Old. I like to know about your information.
    patcast
    patcast

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty Re: Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone!

Post  patcast Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Kate,

I'm looking here for friendship... It would be great when you write me... to learn more...

patcast08@hotmail.de

thx

Patty
    linda

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty see

Post  linda Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 pm

do now any amputee s ite with images
    scaredlilgirl

Post  scaredlilgirl Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi, I'm 22 and am considering amputating my right leg due to a birth defect I've been struggling with my whole life. I have no idea what to expect and would like to talk to someone who has been through this. Please reply
    Diehard

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty Hello everybody sort and tall

Post  Diehard Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 am

Lost both legs above the knees while working for the railroad in 2003. Back to working for the railroad since 2005. Maybe will retire end of this year.
    Previously worked for the phone co., 15 yrs, up in Illinois and then 17yrs. with the postal service.
    jt4u

Post  jt4u Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:29 am

scaredlilgirl wrote:Hi, I'm 22 and am considering amputating my right leg due to a birth defect I've been struggling with my whole life. I have no idea what to expect and would like to talk to someone who has been through this. Please reply

Hi scaredlilgirl,

You're not alone, check Viktoria on myspace, she has been through this exactly as far as I remember...

Actually, here is the article.

Extract:

Almost a year ago, Viktoria finally had her dream come true and underwent a major operation to remove her deformed leg. She didn’t see it as a negative process, rather something to make her more perfect – having the limb removed was like having a rotten tooth extracted. “It was symbolic of many things,” she says. “Before I had it done, I saw myself as an unfinished person. If you looked at me as a marketing project, my skills, personality and appearance didn’t go together.”

Viktoria remembers coming to after the operation. “The most fantastic moment I’ve had was waking up in the hospital,” she says with a cheeky grin. “Everybody else was freaking out. But I woke up and was the happiest little bunny you’ve ever seen. I was trying to speak to the nurses and couldn’t wait to see it. My boyfriend pulled the sheets back, and I saw this big bandage with a little stump poking out. It was so cute. It was the biggest release you could imagine.”

If I were you, I would contact her and find out more. She may be able to help you go forward.

Good luck and let us know how you make it.

cheers,
    jt
    mafiafran

Post  mafiafran Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:03 pm

do now any amputee s ite with images

online bingo
    Roulette
    Mamaoneshoe

Im an above knee amputee, Hi everyone! Empty Maybe I can encourage you a little.

Post  Mamaoneshoe Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:38 am

I have been a very successful amputee for the prior 46 years. I was 27 when I learned that I had bone cancer. Together with excellent medical care, no long term treatment, I walked on my first artificial limb in just 9 months. No it wasn't easy, but I have done almost anything I decided to do. So don't be afraid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:51 pm