DisabledPlanet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabledplanet for people who are disabled, and people interested in the subject disability.

5 posters

I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee.

parson

I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee. Empty I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee.

Post  parson Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:02 am

My girlfriend is pretending more and more. She uses her right arm very little and she always keeps it wrapped tightly. As a result, her arm is now very thin and weak. She won't really admit it, but I think she does want her arm amputated.
    flowerpower

I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee. Empty Re: I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee.

Post  flowerpower Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Wow that sound pretty serious! I assume she is left handed? Question
    janice

I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee. Empty Re: I think my girlfriend wants to be an amputee.

Post  janice Mon May 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Does your girlfriend realize the difference between pretending and actually being an amputee? She should know that if she really has her arm amputated, it will always be gone never to come back. She might want to meet with a real amputee just to see how they have to cope everyday with missing a limb. It might change her mind.
    parson

Post  parson Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes, she is left handed. She pretends 2 different ways. One way is to tuck her arm inside her sweater so it looks like her whole arm is missing. The other way, now that her right arm is so thin, is to bend her arm at the elbow and wrap it tightly. This is what she usually does now. When she does this she looks like her arm is cut off at the elbow and she can still move her stump. It looks so real. She also wants to get a prosthetic hook to wear when she pretends. I don't know where she could find one.
    Nicole

Post  Nicole Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 am

How is your girlfriend now? Can she use still use her arm?
    Or did she stop pretending?
    mafiafran

Post  mafiafran Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Does your girlfriend realize the difference between pretending and actually being an amputee? She should know that if she really has her arm amputated, it will always be gone never to come back. She might want to meet with a real amputee just to see how they have to cope everyday with missing a limb. It might change her mind.

Roulette
    online bingo

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm